In this age of Networking, I am amazed as to how well connected we are. How could brands use those connections between people for a social cause?
The question is “How many of us actually leverage those connections to give something back to the society“? It is true that it has become so easy to network these days and make connections which wouldn’t have been possible without all the social media platforms.
How do we leverage our connections for the cause: Social marketing
- Join a community which has people actively talking about doing productive stuff for society.
- Ensure that you join one community that is close to where you live. In the case of any project, people take up you could easily be a part of it.
- If you do not have the time to do such activities, do share your ideas ad if they are good they might get implemented.
- Help your friends by leveraging your contacts to help them out.
- I see a lot of communities on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., where people start up good projects with a few people participating in the beginning and then the number rises to huge one.
The reason for me to throw light on this topic is because we are all stuck in the virtual world for most parts of the day that we forget that talking to people in person.
Pepsi executed a project called the Pepsi Refresh Project.
Pepsi is giving away millions each month to fund refreshing ideas that change the world. The ideas with the most votes will receive grants. We’re looking for people, businesses, and non-profits with ideas that will have a positive impact. Look around your community and think about how you want to change it.
This is how Pepsi executed this. How it got people of that community to join and build something that is useful for the society.
One of the best examples out there that tells us no matter what your brand represents, you can make a difference if someone takes an initiative. Why can’t that be one of us?. Just something to think about.