Why has digital marketing gained so much significance in recent years? Digital Marketing is an umbrella term which deals with marketing. It also includes using digital tools and channels to reach consumers.
I will be talking about all the digital channels that exist. The advantages that digital marketing has and why it has to be a crucial part of your marketing strategy.
What does Digital Marketing Encompass :
Your website would not rank higher mainly because you haven’t focused on how to optimize it.
When you have all the prerequisites to rank your page higher by optimizing it it does wonders. This is where SEO comes into play.
Search Engine Optimization : Affecting a web pages visibility on how it ranks on search engines in organic results, otherwise known as unpaid search results.Factors are as follows..
- You have a great website.
- Great content.
- Always keep it updated.
- Relevant keywords and content.
- A good number of specific keywords that have high search volumes.
Search Engine Marketing : Improving the visibility of your pages primarily through paid advertising. You have Google Ad Words to help you with this.
Display Advertising : As the name suggests is the process of advertising online i.e on websites. It has many forms like text, images, videos and audio. It also includes Billboards which are known as “Out of home media”.
The above-mentioned items are the ones which are not popular among the majority of the audience today. Only people who own websites and in similar industries know the importance of these things. All of these fall under Digital Marketing.
Now let us look at those aspects of digital marketing which the current generation is familiar with.
Social Media Marketing : Using your social media sites to drive traffic to your website or blog. Every profile of yours whether be it on LinkedIn, Facebook , Twitter etc is unique in its own way and has its own audience. So you should decide why and for what purpose you want to use each of these profiles.
Influencer Marketing : It is about how you leverage the “thought leaders” relevant to your industry to grow an audience and help distribute your content to the masses.
Content Strategy : It is the process of designing content that will help in educating, building and growing your audience by solving a basic need of your targeted audience.
Content Marketing : It the process of using various techniques to promote your content so that it reaches a maximum portion of your targeted audience.
Digital Marketing also extends to Marketing via mobile phones such as SMS & MMS.
One of the main reasons for me to throw light on this subject is because people generally do not know the scope of digital marketing. Let explain by citing examples that would give a sense of clarity on ways of applying digital marketing to become successful.
Learn how to create a successful SEO strategy : The link posted below gives us an easy way of understanding SEO from one of the most successful guys in the industry “Rand Fishkin”
Display Advertising Campaign : Look at how powerful this display advertising campaign from Coca-cola turned out to be. Here is a link to the video below.
Social Media Marketing Campaign : This campaign was created by Volkswagen called ‘The Fun Theory‘. It was designed to motivate people to use stairs more. Here is a link to the video below.
Influencer Marketing : The short video below give you an overall picture as to how and why Influencer marketing is important.
Content Marketing & Strategy : What drives effective content.
As you can see how well it has worked out for all the brands that have embraced these practices. I am going to give you deeper insights into how you can effectively use Digital marketing and the untapped potential that it possesses.
- Brand Lifeline: Invest and focus more on the right type of channels. Earned and owned media first and then paid media.
- Consumer Decision journey (CDJ): Invest at the right stages of the consumer decision journey. We have resources to help us get better insights into the likes and wants of the consumer.
- Be informative and relevant: Providing the right type of information is key to a successful audience.
- Digital Integration: Make sure you are able to capitalize on the all the platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter,Facebook,Google+.. etc). Tools such as (IBM’s Bluemix,Google Analytics, etc) to reach your target audience.
- Publishing Platform: Become a source of insights and use the 4 C’s of Digital marketing (Content, Curation, Culture & Connecting) to engage with them. Keep churning out content like there’s no tomorrow.
Hold on to this as your go to article for Digital Marketing.