Every social media platform has its own uniqueness. People use them to suit their needs. There is always the question that pops up once every while, are you using it the right way. Is your network growing?
To answer most of these questions you need to ask yourself the most fundamental questions. Why have I created this profile? Is it to promote your brand, to promote yourself or purely for networking purposes. Once you answer these questions for yourself, things start falling into place.
This article gives you a template of sorts on how to maximize your value on each of the social media platforms. Over the past couple of years, I have tried certain ways to improve my reach on these platforms. Some of them have worked some haven’t, but, in the end, I have found a way to maximize value and by value, I mean impact on social media.
- Your primary goal should be to make it a professional profile.
- Work on your short summary & make it appealing.
- Be genuine.
- list your certifications and achievements.
These are the basic things you need to do. After that comes the hard part. Why are you on LinkedIn?. If your answer lies in any of the questions that I have mentioned above then do the following.
- Join communities which talk about your areas of interest.
- Comment on posts with your views.
- Always pick a side. No point in being neutral.
- Be active.
- Share, share & share.
- Publish posts on LinkedIn. Great way to get your thoughts out there.
- Use tools like Klout & Socialmention to find influencers & keywords.
- Follow them on Twitter.
- Go through all of their posts.
- Find the ones that you find useful, reshare and comment on them. Tell them why it was useful and how you plan to implement it.
- Over a period of time your organic followers will grow and for every tweet, you will get a lot more impressions than before.
- You can share a lot of personal stuff here.
- Add a slight touch of professionalism to your page.
- Do join groups and like pages that you want to follow.
- You will get a lot of information here which you could share on other sites.
- You have very different communities here when compared to the above-mentioned platforms.
- Go through each of them. Most of them are passion communities.
The common rule to follow is if you want to share something please ensure that it has an image attached to it. I cannot stress the importance of it.
If you are able to find groups with similar interests on all the platforms then you are all set to go. You could share the same post on all platforms at once. This would need a little bit of research on your side.
If you really want an audience, I would suggest that you start a blog. I personally recommend WordPress as I have been using it for quite some time. Why is this important?
- You can share your thoughts.
- It will be made available on WordPress reader.
- Once you write a post you have the option to share it across all the platforms.
Key rule: Find groups with similar interests on all the platforms. This will help you maximize your reach on social media platforms.